Saturday, September 29, 2012

Wearing the PR Hat

Hello World.

It's me, Tanjlisa Marie. So, update on the CODENAME FAIRY GODMOTHER: REASSIGNED book launch: My schedule is flowing smoothly so far. We have the venue for the party, we have several confirmed guests attending, decorations are taken care of, ordering party favors this weekend, and sent out invites to the press. That is where I need help, the PR department.

I've been reading blogs and articles on how to successfully launch your book. I don't think I've done enough to get the word out so I will have to step it up a notch. This weekend I will gather addresses for all libraries, bookstores, and publicized book clubs in the central Arkansas area and mail them an invitation to my book launching party. I will solicit the help of my Facebook and Twitter eFriends (as I like to call them) for getting the word out about my book launch date. I will also have to concentrate some of my efforts in the Chicagoland area. I will send out press kits to the newspapers and media outlets here also. I will litter the college campus areas with fliers. And I will hand out items in front of the bookstores downtown. I can start this campaign next week since I will have finished my book edits and sent it to the printing house for final approval.

I have to remember to keep a positive attitude and not let any doubt enter my mind. This will be a successful book launch. Especially if my eFriends help me spread the word (that's you!).

No one said realizing your dream would be easy or cheap. I am so close. I cannot give up now! Starting next week, I will have to PROMOTE, PROMOTE, PROMOTE the heck out of my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment