Saturday, October 6, 2012

More on My PR Efforts

Hello, World:

It's me, Tanjlisa Marie. Update on my PR efforts for my YA urban fantasy novel, CODENAME FAIRY GODMOTHER: REASSIGNED. I received my bookmarks in the mail and they turned out GREAT!! Every time I handed one to someone, their reaction was the same...they simply love the bookcover picture as much as I do! (Thanks again Kenn Baker). So, I've been handing those out downtown Chicago in the bookstores and just walking around. I will step up my efforts next week and go to the college campuses.

I sent CODENAME FAIRY GODMOTHER: REASSIGNED book launch party flier invitations to the libraries around the central Arkansas area. I also sent flier invitations to the English departments to twelve schools in the same vicinity. I wrote a short note explaining how teachers are under-appreciated and they should come out to celebrate the written word and literacy. I used PRweb and created a press release. You can check it out on Yahoo News. Last, I sent my press release to the 20 media email addresses that I already sent a book launching party invite to. I haven't received any email traffic from any of these efforts, but I will not let that discourage me! If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to leave comments. Us self-published authors have to stick together!

I created an author profile on Goodreads.com. I have two ladies who seem really interested in the book and agreed to send them a preview copy next week. I also signed up for a give-away contest. I will give away five copies of my book to people in the US, Australia, UK, and/or Canada. The contest is open from Wednesday, October 10th through Wednesday, October 24th.

Next week, I will decide how many reviewer copies I plan to send the media and start to compile that list.



No comments:

Post a Comment