Sunday, September 9, 2012

Halloween Book Release Party 2012

Hello World,

It's me, Tanjlisa Marie. As my release date deadline for CODENAME FAIRY GODMOTHER: REASSIGNED approaches, I'm finishing several projects simultaneously: editing, formatting, and planning the book release party. 

Blogs really are helpful since I had to consult a couple to find out about throwing a release party.  So I've broken down the task into several categories: budget, venue, guest list/invitations, decorations, press kits, program/events at party, and party favors.

Budget - I've set money aside to buy 100 books for the party. I plan on using the price of the book as the entry fee for the party so the guest will each have a book and I didn't necessarily have to give it away for free. I also have money (but am also looking for donators) for decorations, door prizes, refreshments, etc.

Venue - My promoter has already approached a bookstore in Little Rock to see if we can have the event there.  The book owner gave her approval, but there were stipulations so we will have to work through those before committing.

Guest List/Invitations - I already created an event in Facebook to invite all my friends. As soon as I secure the venue, I will send out Save the Date cards. I am researching bloggers and journalists in the area to send out invitations to them.

Decorations - I kind of cheated since my party will be on Halloween.  Decorations will be a simple task. There will also be a costume contest, encouraging people to dress up as fantasy-based characters.

Press Kits - As stated earlier, I am researching bloggers and journalists in the area to decide who to invite. I will send them a press kit once I narrow the choices down.

Program/Events at the Party - We are stepping things up a notch in this category. From my research, it appeared not much happened at regular book launching parties. Well, not for Tanjlisa Marie. We will have door prizes, a costume contest, live music, and a few surprises I don't want to give away.

Party Favors - Money left over will determine what I will give the guests as party favors.

If you are in the Little Rock, Arkansas area during Halloween, email infotanjlisamarie.com for an invite. Also, check out my website www.TanjlisaMarie.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment