Saturday, September 22, 2012

Book Proof/Party Update

Hello World:

It's me, Tanjlisa Marie. I received my proof this week for CODENAME FAIRY GODMOTHER: REASSIGNED and I have to report . . . no other feeling compared to opening the package and seeing my book. It was beautiful! See for yourself . . .

I've already went through the book once to look at formatting issues. I found a lot of mistakes and corrected them already. Now, my editor and I are going through the book one more time (hopefully) for grammar and whatnot. My deadline is next Friday. I have to make corrections and resubmit to the website so they can approve my newest draft. Hopefully, the website will not find any mistakes and approve my manuscript before October 1st. That is when I will have to order 100 copies for my book launching party in time for a no-later-than October 30th delivery date. WHEW!

As for the book launching party itself. Here is an update on my To Do list.
  • Budget - so far so good. Have not overspent; still in range.
  • Venue - We reserved the Chopsticks International Events Center in Jacksonville, Arkansas for a reasonable price. The place is perfect because it is already stylishly decorated so that means I can move money from the decorating budget to something else.
  • Guest List/Invitations - So far I have 17 confirmed guest from my Facebook efforts. I'm really trying to install in my friends a sense of urgency because I have to have my guest count by Monday so my promoters can offer the remaining seats to the general public.
  • Decorations - we only have to decorate the tables.
  • Press Kits - I emailed over 60 Arkansas media personnel. Hopefully, I will get a response from some. I only have 25 slots reserved for media/blogger types so it will be first come, first serve.
    • I put out two Craigslist ads looking for Arkansas bloggers, no hits yet.
  • Program/Events at the Party - My promoter and I had a meeting Friday. The program looks exciting and filling. I don't want to give anything away, but rest assure there will be plenty of photos and video footage to share later on.
  • Party Favors - So far we are giving away pens, magnets, and book markers.

No comments:

Post a Comment