Monday, September 24, 2012

Wearing the Marketing Hat

Hello World:

It's me, Tanjlisa Marie. In the world of self-publishing, a writer has to be more than the writer. The writer is also the promoter, public relations rep, admin, legal department, researcher, and finally the marketing department. (You guys can chime in with other titles that I missed.)

This weekend I had on my writer and marketing hats. While going through my CODENAME FAIRY GODMOTHER: REASSIGNED proof correcting mistakes, I also had to figure out ways to get the word out about my book. I was a Twitter-tornado! *Shout out to all my Twitter followers!* It's a full time job alone just Tweeting, reading Tweets, re-Tweeting, etc. I was exhausted! Next, was Facebook. *Shout out to all of my Facebook like-ers!* I put out an ad on Facebook and while some may not like the Pay Per Click method, I like the stats the Facebook Aps page shows. Over 50k people has seen my add so far and I've had it up since 9/8/2012. That's 50k potential buyers!

Last, I just placed an order for 250 bookmarks. This is a great promotional tool. I ride the subway to and from work Monday through Friday. So I've started asking young adults (YA) to look at my book, read the synopsis, and tell me if they would be interested in buying the book. So far, all positive responses! The flaming fairy godmother on the front just really draws their attention. Right now, I'm handing them my business card telling them the book releases on Halloween. But when I get the bookmarks, I think my marketing ploy will go even better. Plus, I can hand the bookmarks out without jamming a 584-page book in peoples' hands. The front of the bookmark is like the front cover of CODENAME FAIRY GODMOTHER: REASSIGNED. The back has the release date, and all of my social contact info: Tanjlisa Marie, website, etc. You can't really get a clear view but here's what they will look like. Tell me what you think . . .

As always, I hope this info has been useful!

No comments:

Post a Comment