Thursday, October 11, 2012

I'm on Amazon.com!

Hello World,

It's me, Tanjlisa Marie!! YA urban fantasy, Codename Fairy Godmother: Reassigned is on Amazon! Both in paperback and for Kindle. I know the official release date isn't until Halloween but it is there and ready for reading! 

I have to say, seeing my book out for the public to buy is a lot like giving birth to a child. But instead of nine months of nurturing, my book took two years! (Isn't that how long a mother elephant has to carry her child. Poor elephants!) But the hard work really begins...promoting. 

So, I ordered two books specifically to send to Barnes & Nobles to try and get their stores to offer my book to their customers. I checked on BN.com and they require two actual books (no manuscripts), marketing and promotion plan, trade reviews, and a note describing what makes the book unique. As soon as the books arrive I will comply with these instructions and send them off!

Next on my list is to send my book to reviewers to help get the word out. I think I take constructive criticism like a champ, but this is different. People will not be critiquing my school work or job performance; this book is a labor of love that my imagination and I conceived together. I am enthusiastic to hear what people think of the crazy world I created, but in the same breath, will someone call my baby ugly to my face! Oh snap! lol.

Everyone, check out my little spot on Amazon! Dreams do come true with hard work and even harder efforts!

No comments:

Post a Comment