Monday, April 9, 2012

In Search for a Copy Editor

Hello Everyone,

The next phase of my journey is to find a copy editor.  This looks to be one of the most expensive ventures in the process.  Searching and researching various websites have me concluding I will pay somewhere between $2000 and $2400 for a copy editor's services.  I am not prepared to pay that much.  I have friends, friends of friends, and God Almighty looking into finding me a charitable person willing to take my project pro bono with the promise to add their name to my Acknowledgement Page and a free copy of the book (hardcopy and digital).  In other words, I'm hoping for a miracle.

Of course I have a Plan B.  I signed up for kickstarter.com which is a website where people ask for donations for their various projects.  Also, I will construct a fund-raising letter to mail to people I know and businesses around my area.  Throughout this arduous process, I will try to maintain a positive attitude to attract what I need and not give up hope.  Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment